Personal Shopper Job Description
We generally recommend that you look within your organization for a person that you think will be a Store Manager in 10 years. The below job description may be helpful in filling this position.
Shop for our Online Grocery customer while providing only the best quality product in an organized and efficient manner. The Personal Shopper will primarily be responsible for picking orders. The Personal Shopper will demonstrate the company’s core values, purpose, priorities and performance standards in this role to grow sales.
- Responsible for picking the product for customer's online orders ensuring that the freshest and highest quality products are selected, staged in the optimal temperature zones, and following customers notes, both written and verbal.
- Follows all processes set forth by the company such as “bagging as items are scanned” to ensure all items are bagged and accounted for properly.
- Offers suitable substitutions that make sense when items are out-of-stock. Record the reason for the out of stock on the handheld device.
- Relays order information to customers as needed.
- Assist with quickly retrieving orders from staging location(s) upon customer arrival, process payment and coupons, and load groceries into customer’s vehicle while informing customers of any order modifications and offering a surprise and delight to customers.
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of the Online Grocery area, including staging areas in compliance with company procedures and policies.
- Provide in-store and online support for customer inquiries as they relate to Online Grocery.
- Report pricing, item location, and incorrect temperature discrepancies to appropriate parties.
- Performs all other duties and tasks assigned by Management.
- Friendly, energetic and outgoing personality
- Effective and articulate communication skills
- Basic PC/App skills
- Basic math skills (adding and subtracting)
- Ability to work without supervision
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds several times throughout the day
- Ability to bend, kneel and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and walk constantly
- Ability to perform multiple tasks, simultaneously, while meeting/exceeding productivity standards
- Experience as a cashier
- Experience in a retail environment
- Experience as a regular grocery shopper
- Knowledgeable with selecting produce and meats
- The employee will not use drugs or alcohol on the job
- The employee will not create a direct threat to the health and safety of others on the job
Last Updated: 03/26/2020
Freshop Admin Guide for Personal Shopper
1. Sign In 1. Go to https://admin.freshop.com/ where you will be taken to the Freshop Admin Sign In page. 2. Login. You will need an admin user login to access Admin; if you do not then please contact your supervisor or email@example.com. 3. Once ...
Personal Shopper Best Practice Flow Guide
1. Customer Service Get to know your customers! Make contact with your customers prior to completing the order, especially on their first few orders they place. The contact field will always show how many orders a customer has placed. It will be in ...
Troubleshooting Questions for Issues with Customer Phones & Personal Shopper Devices—NEW
Here are some questions to pick and choose from when troubleshooting a Customer Phone Issue or a Personal Shopper Issue. When entering a ticket into our Support Team (whether through the portal at https://support.freshop.com/ or an email to ...
Freshop for Stores App FAQs
1. Is there an ability to enter manufacturers and vendor coupons using the picker app at the car window? There is no way to actually scan the coupon or enter it into the picker app but you can override the price from the app to reduce the price/qty ...
Order Push Notifications for Personal Shoppers
As of 12/2/19 stores with eCommerce now have Push Notification Lists set up in the Freshop Admin and can now receive push notifications for new orders. We have manually enabled it for users that have a Personal Shopper Role assigned to them with ...